i thought it was a fun exercise and answered them as honestly as i could...pathetically honest in some cases ( yes, kojak...but james-bond-on-her-majesty's-service kojak - there is a difference...)...and so i share them with you, both question and answers, and hope that you enjoy the bit of wasted time
(which is not really wasted at all;)) like i did.
this is the link to samantha's original post -
a waste of time: a bit of fun
which you should be reading. because it is pretty wonderful. and award winning as well!
What experience has most shaped you and why?
– gah. it is depressing. sorry. my dad dying when i was 16. that shaped me in a huge way…both good and bad. i am often fearful of what is around the corner, mixed with being somewhat reckless because of that same reason…
If you had a whole day with no commitments what would you do?
– sleep. right now i would sleep. uninterrupted.
once rested? i would be walking all over some fabulous city. likely montreal. l.a. could do as well. with a book in my bag and time to try on endless amounts of jeans. pretty simple. and then, because i have no commitments ( and just as likely as that, unlimited cash;)), i would hop a plane to somewhere i have never been. just because. and i would have my camera.
What food or drink could you never give up?
– apple crisp. it is a childhood thing. then key lime pie. and tea:).
If you could travel anywhere, where would that be and why?
– my list is endless right now. i have only traveled outside of north america once…and it is time for more. to paris, then brazil, then scotland, then the canadian north, then some island somewhere that i do not even know exists yet:)
Who do you have a crush on?
– i agree, crushes are important:).
celebrity crushes? david bowie, jean leloup ( reminded of that particular crush on this, st. jean baptiste day), roger moore as james bond ( that turtleneck…).
and one more.
telly savales. i know. twisted.
and real life? um…;)
If you were the leader of your country, what would you do?
– (a note on your comment…my dad always said he should have invested in tampon stock…)
i would do many things…but realize it is easier said than done. i would focus my attention and funds on education and security. i want to be surrounded by smart, safe people;).
What am I reading right now?
– still reading “the settler’s cookbook”, waiting to read many…but secretly looking most forward to “the nanny’s return” next. shameful, isn’t it? but it is summer…
What recent event has made you sad?
– the story of a recent haitian orphan and the canadian nurse that fell in love and tried to adopt him, but who has been blocked from doing so due to the restrictions implemented since the earthquake. the thought of a 3 year old losing his parents…and then losing the woman who nurtured him back to health, who is willing to give him a home NOW? the image of him reaching out to her as he pulled away in the car and of her sobbing, holding her hand out? makes me cry and want to vomit all at the same time.
What recent event has made you angry?
– angry. teenagers nearly killing each other over text messages. that makes me angry. wtf? i can not even understand that.