Saturday, May 29, 2010

Scott Kelby "Old School Photo" Challenge

This popped up on my twitter yesterday and I thought it sounded like a lot of fun.

http://www.scottkelby.com/blog/2010/archives/10502

Apparently I am not the only one as several of my flickrverse contacts are trying it as well.
Taking your digital SLR back to the time of film...and patience.

I still shoot film often enough to appreciate the sense of wonder at whether or not you "got" the shot...or anything for that matter.

Funny...thinking about that statement, I realize that is a new feeling because when I shot film for real ( and yes, I shot copious amounts of film...I think I kept the Black's in Cornwall in business on my own), I never remember feeling uncertain about the shots - just impatient at the wait for results.

In any case, I have shot my "roll" of 27 ( remember that??? ) and am now waiting the 24 hour period before loading, reviewing and printing my shots.
No editing either for an extra challenge.
Which I can take or leave because when I developed my own film, I always tweaked in the dark room (normal). And I shot b/w primarily, so I may convert the shots I took to get the real feel of what I used to do.

So, no pics in the post for right now. My 24 hour period is up at 4 P.M..
Can't wait!!
God, I hope the whole "roll" is not underexposed.

I shot with my 40D and my Olympus OM system 50mm/f1.8 lens - so manual focus as well.

Oh, so old school it hurts;).

There is also a fundraiser attached to this challenge, for the "Springs of Hope" orphanage -

http://www.springsofhopekenya.org/index.php/donate

I will be donating the cost of developing to the orphanage.

No comments: